The following access keys are active for this website:
To use access keys in:
- 0 - Sitemap
- 1 - Home Page
- 2 - Join
- 3 - FAQs
- 4 - Education
- 5 - Info
- 6 - About
- 7 - Contact
- 8 - Terms
- A - Accessibility
- Internet Explorer 5/6/7: hold the ALT key and press the number/letter of the relevant access key (this highlights the correct link), then press RETURN.
- Internet Explorer 4: hold the ALT key and press the number/letter of the relevant access key.
- Internet Explorer 4.5 for Mac: access keys are not supported.
- Firefox 2.0: hold the SHIFT and ALT keys and press the number/letter of the relevant access key. Note: Due to a bug in the orignal release, Firefox 18.104.22.168 or greater is required.
- Firefox 1.0/1.5: hold the ALT key and press the number/letter of the relevant access key.
- Netscape: access keys are supported in Netscape 6 - the user doesn't have to press RETURN unlike in IE 5/6.
What does it mean to be a member of APIP?
Membership of the Association of Professional Inventory Providers will be a clear demonstration to landlords, agents and tenants that the member has achieved accreditation in their profession and has met the industry best practice standards.
A member will be able to use the initials APIP after their name. In addition it will be a requirement that each inventory compiled by a member carries the name and membership number of the member. This will become recognised in the industry as the benchmark for a professional inventory.
A member will have proved that they have worked as an inventory provider for at least six months, passed the acreditation examination and shown that they meet the requirements of holding current, adequate public liability and professional indemnity insurance. These are strong indicators that the inventory provider who carries the initials APIP is regarded as a competent professional within their industry.
Using an inventory provider with this qualification will raise the profile of the agent and reassure the landlord and tenant alike that this important side of the business is being treated with the professionalism it deserves.